Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Danger of Logic

Happy Birthday to Me!
I told myself when I got a new laptop I would start to blog again. So here it goes...

I don't know if it is because I am a woman, or because I am just truly indecisive. But making decisions is not my strong suit. College vs. College. Mac VS PC. These questions in life can be methodically explored with logic to find a REASONABLE answer. What happens when you have a question you can't answer? What happens if there is no right or wrong answer to the question? You meticulous logic decision-making process is then irrelevant.

Sure. You can think about everything logically. We all have our pro and cons list. But what happens when there is an equal amount of pros and cons? In the matters of the heart, I love a pros and cons list. I always have. I always wanted to stay rational in love.I never wanted to be swooned and look stupid for losing my breath. This logic decision-making process has "worked" for so long, I don't know how to contemplate my matters of the heart.

At a point you have to realize there are some questions pertaining to life that will be too big for your mind to encompass. Think about who created us. Logically. Okay. So who was the creator's creator? And his Creator? Logic becomes an infinite loop, still unanswered. Especially for this question in life, it requires your heart to think instead of your mind.

I want to think with my heart again. I refuse to be a jade. I want to swoon, and be a hopeless romantic. Because sure "ignorance is bliss"(that's me still bringing logic into my life), but life is not fulfilling unless it has been lived with an open heart rather than a logical outlook. This 20th year of my life. I want to jump, I want to be me, I want to have an open mind. But most importantly, an open heart. Perfection is not life, you must live your life. Striving for perfections for a lifetime can be exhausting.


No comments:

Post a Comment