Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Barber Shop Talk

Women at the Hair Salon: Complicated Hair Order
Men: On average, two words.

I thought I knew everything about the bro-code. I consider myself to be much bro, so when I learn something new about the male species I am AMAZED.


This week I learned Man-Codes for hair-cuts. My father explained, so if this is a little old school I apologize.

The Crew Cut

The Flat-Top

The Chilli Bowl

The High & Tight




SO PAUSE. MEN have a standard name for their cut? Even when I explain what I want at the salon, they don't do it right or they take too much off. No wonder all these years we have not been allowed to go into a "barber shop". They don't want women to over-run the shops because barbers only need two word instructions instead of a written and illustrated example of what women want there hair to look like.  

After doing more research, these last hair cuts are more recent hair codes for a male haircut.


Boy Band (pre-millennial)

Boy Band Current- any variation of this


My Personal Favorite: The Mullet Flat-Top

Sometimes I wish I had the simplicity of a man at the barber shop.

I wonder if I go into the barbershop and ask for "The Miley" if they will know what I want.
**Tongue not included






Striving for Perfection for a lifetime is exhausting,
Brooke Danae




1 comment:

  1. I love this post with all pics too funny! And please don't ask for the Miley your hair is gorgous. I always love to read your posts

    ReplyDelete